Cricket is a very popular sport and it includes various accessories. So what all accessories that you will need to play cricket safety and efficiently ? Here is the answer. Following is a list of basic batting/bowling equipments used by a batsman/bowler in cricket.
It is important to wear basic protective equipments when facing the cricket ball in order to avoid serious injury. Following are the required equipments :-
1) Thigh Guard – The thigh guard is worn on the thighs to shield the thighs from being bruised by a fast-paced ball.
2) Leg pads – The Leg pads protect the legs and knee from being struck by the ball. Ensure that the loose ends of the straps are on the inside of your legs.
3) Chest Guard – The chest guard is helpful to avoid getting hurt by short pitch deliveries bowled at higher speeds.
4) Elbow Guard – The elbow guards protect the forearm and elbow from getting injured when in the line of the ball.
5) Helmet – A helmet with a face guard must be worn by the batsman facing a delivery. Secure the helmet with the chinstrap to hold it in place.
6) Abdominal Guard – The abdominal guard or box is a cup that is worn to protect the pelvis against impact from the cricket ball. This is very important and is recommended to wear while batting.
7) Gloves – Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when batting. The fingers of the gloves are padded except for the thumb of the hand gripping the top of the handle which is usually concealed.
8) Bat – A cricket bat is made of different types of woods. It has a blade which is flat – faced and is used to hit the ball and is held by grip handle. It could be an English Willow or Kashmir Willow bat.
Bowlers usually gets to bat less in matches or practice. Therefore, instead of carrying a kit bag (which is usually big and heavy), they carry a school bag or duffle bag.
So here are some accessories which every bowler must have in their backpack :
1) Studd Shoes – It is necessary to carry because if you go to a place where spikes shoes (nails) are not allowed then you can use those studd shoes.
2) Cap or Hat – It is used to protect your head from sun.
3) Extra T-shirt – It is necessary to avoid sweat to reabsorb in your back which later causes backpain.
4) Towel – It is used to wipe off sweat from your body.
5) 2 Personal Balls – It could be either new or semi-new. As a bowler, you must have your personal balls.
6) Resistance Band – It is used for strength training.
7) Foam Roller – It is used to gently massage your muscles and prevent them from getting stiff. Stiff muscles can lead to injuries.
8) Marker Cones – These are used as markings (in open nets practice) or can be used in spot bowling.